Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Elder Hayden: Chapter 32



I remember when Hunter left on his mission someone gave me a quote that went something like “I can go days without talking to you, months without seeing you, but not a second goes by that I am not thinking about you…”  
 Having a child serve a mission brings this phrase to complete fulfillment.  We haven’t spoken or seen Elder Hayden for almost 8 months now but there isn’t a moment in a day where I don’t find myself wondering where he is or what he is doing.  Does he have what he needs and is he safe?  Does he know he is loved and prayed for? 
 Then I get the first email on Monday morning that says “Hi momma” and I know that he is where he is supposed to be.   
I love him and I miss him too, but I am oh, so proud of him!  Enjoy!!

Chapter 32: 

1) Bubbly is champagne, we are cinder blocks of righteousness

 I can't think of a better verse than that. But this past week was pretty good! We have been being blessed with people to teach and I really appreciate that. We have some really cool people that we are teaching and they are all more converted than our previous people we were able to teach.
Each one that has a baptismal date, set by the Spirit and not just three weeks away like we were doing. It is so much more powerful. I love it. 

Something I need to get better at is taking pictures of us working. We are not great at that. I will improve. 

But I have a couple of miracles. One is Carol who we met on Monday and have met with twice since. She has met with the missionaries before a long time ago so she didn't remember much and we were able to teach the first half of the restoration and the second half another time but she read the pamphlet and we asked if she had any questions and her only one was "Where can I get a Book of Mormon? Pretty awesome. We have a lot more but I don't have much time. 

I love you all though! I'll talk to you later!

Love,
Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment