Monday, June 27, 2016

Elder May: Chapter 9

Two month exactly today!  Hard to believe for sure.  WE still miss him every minute of every day but are so blessed to have him as a missionary and working hard as a servant of the Lord. We love him, we miss him but we are oh, so proud of him!

Chapter 9:
1 And it came to pass that in the sixth week of the work of the mission we found men and women and

did teach many lessons. 

I am not sure what that is
or why they are so close to it!
Wow that was really dorky. That’s my missionary sense of humor nowadays. It's finally kicking in. We did do that though. We had a few people that weren't extremely fun to talk to but we had a lot more of them that were fun to talk to. Also I will send the pictures to my awesome mom and hopefully she can get them working. 
First miracle, I haven't gotten sunburned yet this week. It is amazing what a full bottle of sunscreen can do to prevent the sun from burning you! Also this was my first week of not being sore from workouts and that is amazing as well. 

This is Elder May's sunburn from
2 weeks ago!
Unfortunately we did not have a baptism this weekend but we are still going to try and keep teaching him! He thankfully did not drop us like the last guy did. He hasn't responded to our texts though either.....We will see how it goes but I hope it goes well. 

An awesome quote that we had this past week was from Kevin who we met last week. He is progressing extremely well and when we invited him to this week’s baptism he asked, "Do you want me to just bring my bathing suit and I will get mine done too?" We could not do it yet but I wish we could have. 

Some cool miracles are:

Moses: During some of our scheduled finding time we felt we should go to the Winn-Dixie parking lot and try to find people. As we are talking to people, I look over to see Elder Gardner yelling to a guy that is walking around as if he has no idea where he is or how he got there. We taught him and found out that his name is Moses. That was pretty cool.

Brandon: Brandon is a former investigator that Elder Gardner was teaching but then his girlfriend didn't want anyone coming by anymore so they had to drop them. But we were recently walking around downtown New Port Richey (a town in our area) and we see this kid that is sitting on his porch. Elder Gardner walks up and says "WHATS UP?!" It’s Brandon. His girlfriend recently moved out and so he went to live with his cousin and somehow we ended up meeting with him. We retaught him the restoration and are going to continue teaching him. When we asked if he had any referrals for us he pointed at a house and said "DONT GO THERE. THAT LADY IS CRAZY. She met me the first time, called me Satan because I have tattoos, and then attacked me and pulled on my skin hoping to rip them off." We did not go to that house. I don't have any tattoos and I was scared. 


Elgin: Last night we were walking around in an area because an appointment fell through and we see that there is a member that lives on the road next to where we are. We had never heard his name before so we assumed he was less active. It’s a good assumption because our ward has less actives than it does actives. We went to his house and accidentally passed it. After we turned around a car pulls into his driveway and so we talk to the guy in the car. We get out and walk up and he exclaims, "ELDERS! I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF MY PEOPLE HERE IN A REALLY LONG TIME!" He gave each of us a hug and invited us in. That was really cool. 

Maria: We were having our daily planning session which just means we were confirming appointments for the day and we start each day out with a prayer. Right when we said amen, the phone rings and it is a kind lady that tells us she recently had someone try to break into her house and while she was running away she tripped and broke her foot. Then asked if we could give her a priesthood blessing. She is also a less active member and when we finished the blessing she looked at each of us and said, "I will come to church again. Thank you both so much." That was really cool.

Nate: We recently had a new neighbor move in. A couple of weeks ago, we walked outside to start our day and these three men were standing around a couch outside. My only guess is they were contemplating how to move the couch up the stairs into the apartment. We offer to help and somehow it ends up with me and the new neighbor carrying it up the stairs by ourselves! It was a three seat reclining couch and I don't know if you know or not, but those are heavy. Anyway, he was very appreciative and told us we should come by sometime and hang out and so we took that as you can come teach me sometime, so we did this past week. He was raised Hindu and has a lot of fantastic questions about what we believe and he is understanding extremely well what we teach. This past lesson, we were about to close with a prayer so we asked if he would say it. He said no immediately and I explained how easy it is to pray. After I explained, he said he would do it and he said a perfect prayer and it was even cooler because in the prayer he didn't ask for a single thing. Just a completely grateful prayer and that was really cool. 

Alright, I will try and send my mom the pictures from last week. I haven't taken any this week so I don't have any. I will take a selfie real quick and send it that way there is something. 
Love this Elder!!

I love anyone that is reading this right now. Near or far, related to me or not, I love you. I am thankful for any prayers that are being sent to me or any of my fellow missionaries. We truly can feel them all. 
-- 
Love, Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment