Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Elder May: Chapter 84



Getting video clips of his voice and his sense of humor was what this mom needed today.  I am counting the days until I get to talk with him on Christmas.  I love him, miss him so, but we are oh, so proud of him!  Enjoy!!

Chapter 84:

     1.      Even when we teach, I am still late to seminary. My bad.
     2.      Cheesecake!
     3.      Tossing sod is dirty work    
     4.      Christmas Party but I can’t dance...
     5.      They came to church! 

We had a super fun time this week! We were teaching practically the entire week too which was even better. It all started out on Monday at 5:30 in the morning.

We were asked to teach seminary this past Monday and that meant we had to get up early to be there ready to teach. It started at 6:10 so we had to be awake and ready by about 5:50 to get there early enough to prepare. I don’t know how it happened but I woke up, got showered and everything, and walked out of my bathroom and Elder Stockham is sitting there ready to go, reading scriptures. He looks at me and says “it’s 6:10 right now.” So I hurried real fast and got ready and we got there at 6:20 after I tied my tie and put on shoes in the car haha! We got there and someone else had started the class and we were there right in time for the opening Hymn. That could have been much worse.
 
We also had the wonderful blessing of a cool family here in the ward buying us the ingredients so Elder Stockham can use his gift of making cheesecake. The picture is of Elder Stockham all decked out in his apron. It was a delicious sour cream blueberry cheesecake.

Then Tuesday afternoon we went to do service for someone that wanted a lot of sod thrown. It was dirty work! I took a picture after in which you can tell I was wearing gloves haha! It was pretty fun.

Friday evening we had a great time at a Christmas party that a couple of Investigators and Less Actives we are working with came to and a couple members invited neighbors and friends. One of them gave their neighbor an in-depth church tour so he could recall those missionary feelings. Pretty cool stuff. They played the Macarena once and I did not dance to it!

Then on Sunday we had a couple of awesome people we are teaching show up to church and loved it. The primary program was this week because it got hardcore postponed because of the Hurricane hitting us. It was really good. They had older members of the Primary be the ones helping the kids that couldn’t read very well which was cool to see. Our ward mission leaders son said “I can choose the right by...not...sneaking chocolate...” It was great because he got all quiet realizing that he was confessing that he had been sneaking chocolate. Such a fun time.

It was a good week and now it is cold because apparently there are some huge snowstorms happening. I don’t know anything about those but it is cold here right now but we are having fun.

Please continue to pray for me as I pray for all of you.  I feel your love and prayers.  Keep it coming please.

Love, Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment