Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Elder May: Chapter 70




Elder Hayden just completed his 13th transfer and is in his 3rd area.  He also just celebrated his 16-month mark.  Getting so close to the home stretch.  The last six month have a tendency to really go by fast.  We as a family have really been thinking about the trials and opposition we have had over the course of the last 2 years.  It is interesting as to where you find your blessings sometimes.  When Hunter was out, we had significant trials of a different nature so as they resolved and we were still goo, it was easier to see the blessings of having a missionary serving.  With Elder Hayden and his brother Elder Bryson being out and gone from our family, the trials have been steady and strong and don’t seem to resolve themselves as quickly but as they did before when Hunter was out.  However, we are able to point to small and simple things as the Lord hearing and answering our prayers.  It strengthens my testimony that Heavenly Father knows us and loves us.  And He will take care of us…in His time.  I love this boy with all my heart.  I miss him even more at times but my heart is very full at how proud and blessed we are to have him.  Enjoy!!

Chapter 70
1.            All the rocks of my mission finished!
2.            Wow I don't know any of these missionaries anymore. 
3.            There is so much rain. AND I LOVE IT!
4.            Elder Shakespeare got sick.  

Hey everybody! This was a weird week. It was the beginning of my thirteenth transfer and I still get to be here in Port Charlotte with Elder Shakespeare! But really weird thing is that most of the missionaries who I have known throughout the mission finished up this week. So that was weird. They were my rocks you know? Crazy stuff. 

Also when we received our organization for our mission it was confirmed to me that I do not know any of the missionaries anymore. Maybe 15 or so. The rest I have no idea because we haven't been getting the organization to tell us who is coming in or leaving so it has been weird. I've never served near the mission Office to see everyone who comes or goes and now I don't know them. Doesn't bother me too much though. Just weird to not know them. 

Third, it has been raining basically nonstop for four days. It is still raining as I write this. It jumps between a constant sprinkles to pouring to sprinkles again. 

The rain coupled with Elder Shakespeare not feeling good has made this a slow week. But we had a few people come to church and we are excited to work this week. I will have more pictures next week. 

I love you all and I pray for you often! Thanks for the prayers being sent back. They are felt and witnessed. Love you!

Love,
Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment