Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Elder May: Chapter 96


Zone Conference

Elder Hayden is asking for additional prayers for those in his areas that are searching for the gospel to be receptive when they hear the message; that doors will open and the Spirit will speak from these Elders.  We love this Elder and want him to be able to feel as those he has found all that he was supposed to find so any additional prayers would be much appreciated.  We love him and miss him, but we are oh, so proud of him!  Enjoy!!
Chapter 96

1) How do I find people in this area?
2) Zone Conference and Family History
3) Interviews and Promises
4) That is the Spirit.

So I have been in this area for a little bit of time but for some reason have not been able to find an extremely effective way to find.  Thus far, I have tried tracting some of these apartment complexes and 3 of the 4 times that I have been asked to leave they have been very kind about it haha! We are reaching out to the members more and sharing short messages with them and leaving the Spirit in their home. It has been cool to seem them and their families light up when we come to the house. 

This week we were able to have a zone Conference, in which all the missionaries gather together to be trained, and we talked about family history, smartphones, being genuine, and how to baptize. Overall it was a very informative zone Conference. 

Next we had interviews and President Cooper said that I am in the fourth quarter and I looked him in the face and said “Actually President, I’m at the two minute warning at the fourth quarter” and he said that I was more accurate. Right afterwards I told him back in the two minute warning is when the most exciting play happens. Then afterwards I was able to meet with Sister Cooper and she invited me to learn how to do’s family history and it looked me in the face and told me that if I learn how to put a picture in a story onto Family Tree it would blessed me and my future posterity forever. I’m going to take her advice.


Love this young man!
Last but not least, I want to talk about one of our investigators named Mike. I’m at Mike a couple months ago but he’s been busy and so it’s taking a little while to be able to meet with him again. We gave him a copy of the book of Mormon and he’s been reading it every once in a while and apparently has been highlighting it like crazy. He highlights with Lehigh talks any highlights when Nephi talks because he enjoys learning about them because they’re the good guys in the story. While we were meeting with him he told us that he’s looking for a change and that he wants to get out of the rut that he’s in right now. We invited him to a baptism for a young girl that was happening that day and he actually came to it in time to be able to see the ordinance of baptism and confirmation. We showed him around the building shortly and then ended in the chapel and showed him a quick video about what we do in the church and at the end of it he paused for a second look at us and said “most churches that I go to I feel uncomfortable or judged because of how I look, but is soon as I walked into this one I felt the most piece that I’ve ever felt.“   We told him very plainly that is the spirit telling you at this church is where you need to be. He readily agreed and committed to be able to come to church in the coming weeks. 

We are trying hard and working to find those God has prepared. I love you all and pray for you often. Talk to you later!

Love, Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment