Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Elder May: Chapter 88



 

Boy, do we miss this boy!!  I think that, like most missionary mommas and dads, I stare at my inbox on Monday mornings just waiting to hear from him, getting nothing accomplished because I am afraid I will miss my opening.  I am so grateful for his testimony of the gospel and grateful that he knows that he is a true instrument of Jesus Christ, speaking to those seeking the truth as if Jesus would if He was still on the earth.  I echo that same testimony - otherwise sending Hayden out for 2 years would be much more difficult than it already is.  We love him and miss him so much – but we are oh, so proud of him!  Enjoy!! 

Chapter 88:

1.            At least I’m getting better at Monopoly and Solitaire
2.            8 exchanges in two weeks is a lot to keep track of.
3.            I finally understand Prophets now!
4.            I want to come back to church 

These last couple of weeks have seemed surprisingly short, because we have needed to be in the apartment. Not because of the bone chilling 35 degree weather but my companion has been sick. He is doing much better now though. 

The first verse addresses that by showing a little bit of how that went. We played games that kill the most time. I have gotten better at Monopoly, solitaire, indoor snowball fights, and Rubix cubes.


Luckily, I haven’t had to stay in the apartment the entire time which leads to my second verse.
 
The assistants to the president in the mission have coordinated with different companionship’s so that I can work in their areas which have helped me not to go completely stir crazy. It has been interesting to be in so many different areas. I’ve always wanted to tour the mission and see so many of them and this was a good way to do so. I have been to Riverview, Apollo Beach, Temple Terrace, Brandon, and my area in the past two weeks which has allowed me to see many different investigator, finding and teaching ideas, and gotten to know more missionaries. 

After we were finally able to start teaching again, we were able to visit a girl we’ve been teaching and decided to start over and teach very simply. She apparently hadn’t understood what a prophet was or why we need them until our last lesson with her. That helps someone to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God or not. 

Finally we were in our ward council meeting and talked about what we have been able to do since being inside. Obviously it wasn’t much but right after ward council finished we received a text from a sister in the ward. It said “I want to come back to church. Since I heard the news of President Monson passing I have been listening to a podcast of his talks. Because of it I haven’t slept much because I just want to listen and feel the Spirit.” Even in the Spirit world, he is able to touch hearts here and help bring Gods children back into the fold. What a great example of service, love and missionary work. 

I do love this gospel and know that it has blessed countless individuals. Even more applicable, it has blessed my life. God is good and loves each of us and I love him. I pray for you all and hope you can feel the Spirit. I will talk to you next week. 

Love you all – Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment