Monday, October 9, 2017

Elder May: Chapter 76


Love and miss his face! 

What a great email!  It makes my heart happy to hear him so happy and doing well in his new area.  He talks about 76 weeks of emails and it is funny to think that he has less to write than he has written.  He will be out 18 months on the 27th of this month.  I can hear him talking as I read this email and that brings a smile to my face.  Love him, miss him too but oh, so proud of him!  Enjoy!!

Chapter 76

1) You’re transferring to Providence!
2) Meet and greet Elder Stockham
3) This is a blessed area!
4) Not a coincidence
5) Who knew I was such a baller!

Hi everybody! I’ve been sending these emails for the past 76 weeks, save the couple that I didn't send one. Like last week...my bad. But I was busy. 

I was busy packing because I was transferred up to the middle of the mission in an area called Providence. The mission office (basically the middle point of our mission) is 20 minutes away now. This means I am in Tampa which has some crazy traffic and I am not used to that. Our normal "main roads" that we use in our areas move so slow every once in a while. It’s okay though. 

My new companion is Elder Stockham from north Salt Lake City, Utah. He has been out since about February of this past week and is super excited to hit the ground running. And we have definitely been running. 

We have tried a lot of different ways to meet some new people this past week. We have gone tracting in apartment complexes, some former investigators (those that have been met with missionaries before) which has brought some cool results, less active members which now we are teaching a nonmember husband, and a list of unbaptized members and now we are going to teach a man named Joseph Smith. Hopefully he will be able to relate well to the message. 

One huge blessing is that our progressing investigator, Danny, has a date for baptism on the 4th of November and hopefully that works out. If not then we can reschedule it. We found him doing some service and he wanted some help because of the winds of the Hurricane that came through here. He now is reading the Book of Mormon by himself and reading a lot. We asked him to read just 1st Nephi 2nd and he read all the way to chapter 8 and came to church this past Sunday and loved it. Even better is that where we were sitting in church was right behind a couple in the ward and the wife turned around, and said "Danny how are you and your brother Randy?" She grew up on the same street as him and knew his family so when he came in she recognized him and started talking to him which was awesome and we are going to try to have them over for some lessons. 

We have a couple of promising lessons this week that we just randomly called because we are both fairly new in the area. One of them came because we had a little bit before we met with our ward mission leader so we called a former that lived one street north of our ward mission leader. That person answered the phone and after we established who we were said, "I haven't heard from you guys in a while! Want to come by on Tuesday?" There have been a couple phone calls like that in the past couple of days which have been awesome and built faith. 

The fourth quote is actually really funny. We met with our ward mission leader and talked a little bit about where I am from and where he is from and found out that not only did he serve in this same mission 10 years ago but he also is from Arizona, is in college to be a software engineer, and his brother lives in the same neighborhood as me. WHAT?! This is actually the second person I've met that served in this mission and met his future wife while he was out here serving. It has been pretty crazy.

Last, we played basketball on Saturday and this morning and guess what, I am a baller. Elder Stockham and I are going to start working out by going to the church to play basketball more. It will be awesome but don't be surprised when I can dunk when I get home (I can already touch the front of the rim).

I'll talk to you all later! Love you!

Love Elder May

Saying Good-bye



 
Elder May and Elder Stockham
 

No comments:

Post a Comment