Thursday, March 12, 2015

Opening the Much Anticipated Call to Serve

We were so eager to receive Hayden's call.  We had a contest for people to make a domestic and international guess on where he was going.  We had it on pretty good authority when the call would be here so we planned to open his call 
Sunday, March 8, 2015. 
With all of his friends and family, some on the phone as well, Hayden opened his call to serve in the Florida Tampa missionHearing Hayden read the words of the letter I felt the sweet spirit of the Lord helping me to excited and happy for him instead of so anxious and full of bittersweet feelings,  I am so proud of him and the choice that he has made to serve the Lord but I will miss him more than he will know.  And an April 15th report date made me very anxious ~ lots to do in a very short amount of time but I know that the Spirit will help us and guide us through it.  

Here is the video of Hayden opening his call - I was hiding behind Brian as he read it.  


Here are some of the pictures from that night:


Hayden finding out where he is spending the next two-years ~ Florida Tampa
Here I am hiding behind Brian as Hayden reads his call
 
Feeling very grateful and happy for Hayden

Our family is so very proud of our newly called Elder
The "brudders" congratulating Hayden
The boy cousins are so excited for Hayden's call


The girl cousins will miss Hayden the most

Uncle Rusty and Aunt Verla's family there to support Hayden

We are very blessed that our boys have such amazing friends - we love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Look at all of your family and friends who came to support you, Hayden. You are one loved son, brother, nephew, cousin, friend, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why mom came to hide behind me. I'm so excited you got your call to FL. It's seems far away but not too far. :)

    ReplyDelete